Thursday, July 12, 2012

Post nappy

It's been a long time coming and I think it has almost snuck up on us, but I think we may be through with nappies.

Little brother started showing an interest in using a potty fairly recently, so we decided to take a deep breath and give it a go. It wasn't something I was particularly looking forward to. Not that I have horrific memories of potty training his older brother. In fact he was surprisingly easy. It only took about a week and he was dry in the night as well.

The youngest one drinks a lot more so I thought it would be more problematic with lots of late night missions to change sodden bed sheets. That may yet happen, as we are still putting him to sleep with a nappy. However they've been dry every morning since he 'got it'. There may be a few one off accidents once he goes commando, but I don't think he'll do too badly.

Daytime was the initial challenge. You've got to watch them like a hawk for any giveaway signs that they're in need of relief. I haven't always been quick enough. On a recent visit to a church play group he managed to flood the play floor twice in the space of about five minutes - no idea where that lot came from.

But the last couple of days have been accident free, which is great. I'm very proud of him. It was odd watching him running freely around our local library this morning without the telltale toddler big bum. He looked more streamlined, and like a little boy.

So, another milestone almost passed. I won't miss the pong of the nappy bucket, or carrying around all the changing kit (although there's always something else to lug about - like the potty!)

There's only one problem. What do we do with the last mega pack of Pampers?

No comments: