Monday, October 11, 2004

New drawers

I can't seem to really get cracking today. No surprise there as it's Monday, but I really should do today as I'm on holiday next week and there are deadlines to hit. I had a couple of days of real work last week where I was working at another company. I don't particularly like doing this as you have to actually pull your finger out and do something. It also really messes with my body clock. I got completely confused on the tube the other day on the way to work. I was still half asleep and departed the cramped carriage at Kings Cross to catch the Piccadilly Line. However, I was already on the Piccadilly. This really pissed off my girlfriend, who had sheepishly followed me and then blamed me for the rest of the journey.

So after two days of graft I'm back to my old tricks. I had a new chest of drawers delivered on Thursday which have required attention. They were made in Vietnam I think and have been coated in some noxious substance which Steve, the delivery guy suggested might be banned in this country. Cheers Steve. I think it might be Agent Orange by the way it catches the throat. However, he did says that a wipe with soapy water seemed to calm it down a bit, so I've spent most of this morning doing that, lining them with Christmas paper and rearranging the rest of the bedroom furniture.

Okay, done that, now I really should get down to some work... after lunch.

No comments: