Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Work avoidance strategy

I work from home. Well, I use the word work loosely. A lot of time I seem to spend filling in time that could be better utilised doing the stuff I actually get paid for. However, in the way that homework used to get done last thing on a Sunday night, there is always something more enticing offering itself up as an alternative.

Among the pastimes that usually waylay me are:
  • playing guitar - I've an acoustic to hand for immediate gratification and an electric in the spare room for a more considered workout
  • baking bread - sourdough at the moment. I have to make it at least once a week as the starter dough is a living thing. Currently living in my fridge actually
  • making cakes - closely related to the above but more fun as you get to lick the bowl
  • doing the dishes - dirty plates and cutlery seem to taunt me from the other room as I try to work
  • going to the gym - where I have my own gay stalker, Terry!
  • watching the yummy mummies walking by - am not gay myself. No offence Terry!

And now this - probably. There are moments when some time out from work is legitimate, and maybe at that point I can pen a few lines and clear my mind.

Anyhoo. Here's my virgin blog. I hope it gets better.


No comments: