Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Love is in the air

My girlfriend called me from work this morning.
"Guess what," she teased.
"You're not pregnant," I asked.
"Try again."
(Phew!) "I give up."
"I'm going to be a bridesmaid!"
It turns out her friend had received a proposal on Valentine's Eve and she had just been told. Apparently her friend was holding off in case I did the same.
As if I'd be so corny.
It's put the pressure on me though as I'd been holding up the groom to be as an example of somebody who wouldn't be railroaded into marriage as I sometimes feel I am. It's not that I don't love the GF or even that I don't want to get married to her, it's just that I don't like the clock being on me. And it is, believe me. I've got until her birthday to propose, after which I can forget about ever popping the question as she doesn't want to be an old bride!
Anyway, I don't know whether the prospect of being a bridesmaid (something she's always wanted to do) will cool her or make her even more determined to tie the knot.

1 comment:

Hackney_bloke said...

I've like never had a comment