Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Much thought later

Well, I finally gave in and proposed. That's what I've been up to for the past year.
My girlfriend is now my fiance (or is it fiancee? I can never remember which one is the feminine). After a whirlwind six year courtship I popped the question on the banks of the Thames last August bank holiday, and in a bizarre twist of fate we are getting married this August bank holiday - exactly a year to the day.
Which sounds like it could be the start of a Dickensian ghost story or somesuch.
We've still got a lot to do, but he hardest part of getting a venue, date and registrar is done and dusted. Which is no easy task, believe me! It's like trying to align planets getting a day when all three are available.
It is quite exciting now and I am looking forward to it all. It's just the bills that are the worrying part. That and being completely buff for the big day. And with that in mind I'm aiming to do a half marathon before the big day. It might not sound much, but I'm a big believer in setting realistic targets.
At this point I could make some cheap gag such as, that's why I proposed to the girlfriend, but she might be reading this.
If it's more than another year before the next entry, please inform the relevant authorities.

No comments: